249 Broken Friendly Cups Deleted

Broken Cup

Great fun on Thursday. After one of the webservers was already experiencing database connection problems during the day, he complete crashed right before the 18.00h simulation. This resulted in a completely failed simulation. Unfortunately this time we were not able to recover from this correctly.

ReesinG and I spent all of our free time during the weekend, to make sure the site was up-and running, but also tried to figure out how to fix the situation and prevent it from happening again. In the end we decided there was no other option than to delete all broken cups (249 out of 3403), which is what I started tonight. I hope it all works out as planned, I did try the procedure on a copy of the database first, but you never know of course …

Although the site was down for several hours on Thursday and again on Saturday morning, I must say the SoccerProject managers have been very patient and understanding about the situation. Even though some of them really suffered from the crash, one manager even lost 5 players because of this, they certainly didn’t overreact.

I’m very sorry I couldn’t help the managers who were influenced by the crash, and I’d like to apologize once again to them, but I would also like to repeat I’m trying my best to prevent this kind of situation from happening in the future.

Explore posts in the same categories: Development, Soccerproject

Tags:

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: