Quite a while since I’ve posted here, so I’d thought I let you in on one of the things I’m looking at right now. Some time ago I found a website that offers an API to easily send SMS from PHP-code. It seemed like a nice idea for SoccerProject so I decided to give it a try. And as from today I am now receiving an SMS for each match result on my mobile…🙂
This opens up a whole new range of possibilities for us, but I’m not yet sure on how to use it best. So it will surely take some before we can offer SMS-features to all managers, but at least I now know there are no technical issues…
Meanwhile we seemed to have solved all problems resulting from last weekend’s server updates. For those of you who are interested, there was a problem with the PCRE version used in the new PHP-version. This resulted in broken regular expressions so no new manager names could be validated. This meant no new SoccerProject-subscriptions and a lot of managers unable to change their manager or teamname. Bad timing since it was the only weekend of the season this possibility is enabled. Luckily we were able to fix it and everything is back to normal now.Community, Development, Soccerproject comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.